how to reinstall win 7/10

David2749 18:26 19 Mar 2018

My PC was originally installed with Win 7, and I took the advantage of upgrading to win 10 while it was offered free by MS. I made a copy of the win 10 recovery files onto a USB I now want to reinstall windows; do I install from my win 7 disk and then what do I do to reinstall win 10??

Regards

mrcalif 18:33 19 Mar 2018

Nope.

You can go straight to Windows 10 by downloading a copy from MS.

BRYNIT 01:19 20 Mar 2018

Have a read of this CLICK HERE

If you want to do a clean install I would download the Media creation tool from CLICK HERE and create a new bootable USB/DVD as this will have the most up to date version of Windows 10 saving the time to install all the updates.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Microsoft Surface Book 2 15in review

Illustrator Amy Grimes on how setting up her own eco-brand led to success with clients too

MacBook Pro keyboard issues and other problems

Test : l’enceinte connectée HomePod d’Apple