Hot Topics

How to find the location of my Desktop background?

Thurrafork 11:34 22 Jun 2020

Hello folks

Irritating but very minor little query here.

My Windows 10 desktop background wallpaper is usually some photo I've taken here or there.

Right now I want to change to a new one, but I want to make sure I grab the current one and put it away somewhere safe. But I can't find where it is on my PC. I've googled a bit and tried suggested pathways but I can't find it.

I've looked through my My Pictures folder/library and I can't find it there. It's obviously on my machine somewhere... but where exactly?

How can I find it?

Thanks

Govan1x 11:59 22 Jun 2020

Try clicking on File explorer. Open quick access at the top left and click on icloud photos. I found a few photos on there that i did not know about.

Also while in there open One Drive and click on Pictures to see if it is in there.

Thurrafork 12:09 22 Jun 2020

Thanks Govan1x

I don't seem to have icloud or One Drive, but I found the pic I was looking for after doing a lengthy search for 'jpg' on my C drive. It was not the original file that I had at some point put on my machine - don't know where that is - but it is a cached copy. All good!

Thanks

x13 12:25 22 Jun 2020

Left click Start button bottom left and select Run. Type or copy and paste %SystemRoot%\Web in to the bar and select ok.

x13 12:43 22 Jun 2020

If you need to copy the running desktop wallpaper open File Explorer and in the bar that shows 'This PC' left click to highlight and right click to paste %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Themes\CachedFiles in to it.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

1x1 pixel
Elsewhere on IDG sites

LG gram 14 (2020) review

Best art and design exhibitions still happening in 2020

'Price rise' for iPhone 12 despite lack of accessories

Les meilleurs smartphones Xiaomi (2020)