how do i stop a running installation for avg

julezy1 19:14 19 Nov 2015

I installed AVG free on my laptop and when it tries to update it says that there is a running installation, this has been happening for over a month, there is no running installation that I know of and it wont let me uninstall it AVG or AVG zen until this running installation is complete, I have looked in running programmes an tried to end task and nothing happens. I tried looking for setup.exe and MSiexec.exe and they are not in the running programmes...... how can I stop all this, my pc is a new windows 10. please help

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:45 19 Nov 2015

How are you trying to uninstall? you need the removal tool to do it properly

To download AVG Remover tool for 32-bit: click here download AVG Remover tool for 64-bit: click here

To

julezy1 21:04 19 Nov 2015

thank you for your help, I went to the site and as you say it has the removal tool for the 64bit which is what my laptop is. It said to use it if you have tried to remove avg several times without success. This worked and now every thing to do with avg is gone. I now have Norton, wont be using avg again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Pokémon Let's Go, Pikachu! and Eevee! review

How map doodles inspired Eric Chase Anderson's illustrations for a Wes Anderson classic

Mac mini 2018 review

Black Friday 2018 : date, sites participants & bons plans