How do I format my PC?

Neskat 18:55 14 Aug 2014

Hi there, I would like to format my PC, I have never done this before, and my PC is 7 years old, so i've not formatted it for 7 years, I want to do it because I see my a lot of FPS drop in Leauge of Legends and overall the PC is quite slow and has a lot of not needed junk, I think I need a CD or something with my Operating System on it so I can install it, I unfortunately don't have one, so what can I do ?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:40 14 Aug 2014

I think I need a CD or something with my Operating System on it so I can install it

Yes you probably do. also a driver disk and all you install files for your programs.

First back up all your important files as everything will be lost when you format the drive.

You may have a hidden partition containing a system image that will return the machine to factory settings (the day you got it)

Make and model? operating system?

Neskat 21:16 14 Aug 2014

HP, model t3725.uk, Windows Vista 32 bit.

BRYNIT 00:19 15 Aug 2014

From the instructions CLICK HERE you should have create a set of recovery disks when you first got the computer? If you haven't deleted the recovery files you should be able to make a set by following the instructions below. If you have already created a set and cannot find them do a web search on how to create a second set of recovery disks.

To create Recovery discs:

1. Close all open programs.
  2. Click the Windows Start Button.
  3. Click All Programs.
  4. Click PC Help & Tools.
  5. Click Recovery Disc Creator.
  6. The Recovery Disc Creator window appears.
  7. Follow the onscreen instructions. Label each disc as you make it (for example, Recovery 1, Recovery 2).

1]: [click here,%20Recovery%201,%20Recovery%202%29.

BRYNIT 00:22 15 Aug 2014

Something went wrong with the link to the instructions so CLICK HERE

sharpamat 16:36 15 Aug 2014

If you have lost the discs you will be able to get a set from HP

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

The art of 'British' pulp fiction

Best password managers for Mac

TV & streaming : comment regarder le Tournoi des Six Nations 2018 ?