How can Reinstall Win7 cleanly

martd7 15:34 29 Jul 2018
Answered

In a month or so i will be purchasing a new W10 PC and am wanting to sell the older one as it still works perfectly well

The current PC will be going elsewhere,as the title says im wanting to reinstall Win 7 "clean",ive read on here a few times about programs that wipe the drive of all previous data

Can someone point me in the right direction

Does this negate the need to format the hard disc or is that to do after the drives been wiped?

Thanks

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:08 29 Jul 2018
Answer

download and make the win 7 boot media from MS you will need the product key.

do a clean install of win 7 formatting the drive first.

when install download and install ccleaner and use the wipe free space tool in that to clear off anything left on the drive 3 passes will be sufficient so that other than a CSI will be unable to recover anything from the drive.

It will that a while to wipe the space so leave it on mains power overnight while it does it.

martd7 16:43 29 Jul 2018

Thanks FB

That's perfect

martd7 18:38 29 Jul 2018

Ill tick resolved thanks and make a note of this

thanks

rdave13 19:00 29 Jul 2018

Just a note, I would use Double Driver and create a backup of all your drivers to an external drive as insurance. Link

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei Mate 20 Pro review: In-depth hands-on

Adobe's groundbreaking prototypes of new features and apps for Creative Cloud

iPhone XR release date, price & specs

Test : le Samsung Galaxy A9