How can I get rid of Onedrive

wescliff 16:46 26 Feb 2019

Seriously this thing is one big pain in the neck. Never had a problem with it interfering before, but I have just reformatted and reinstalled my system, and this nuisance is driving me mad. If I put shortcuts to folders on the desktop it complains about permissions to upload. Every time I open an image editor it always looks to one drive for photos and starts downloading despite my shouting at it not to. I've tried turning off the pictures folder in one drive settings, but then they don't get displayed, all I see is an icon. This as far as I'm concerned, is one heck of a nuisance, and I just want completely rid of it. Could someone please help with this, I don't just want to block bits here and there, I want to completely disable every last little bit without causing any further issues with files on the PC. Thank you.

BRYNIT 17:04 26 Feb 2019

Go to uninstall or change a program, go down to Microsoft One drive and uninstall it.

wee eddie 18:14 26 Feb 2019

Before you uninstall Onedrive. Make sure that you have nothing installed on it that is not installed on your PC.

john bunyan 18:25 26 Feb 2019

See this magazine’s article

one drive Techadvisor

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:13 26 Feb 2019

It will only get reinstall at the next big update :0(

wescliff 13:32 27 Feb 2019

Yep, I though it would. I've found a work around by putting the stuff that caused issues in users instead of documents. One drive doesn't look there. But I've discovered a folder in users/my name called one drive which contains everything that was uploaded and is 518mb in size. This is a lot when your using a small SSD. But I suppose if I deleted it it would only come back. So I have the Contents of pictures, documents and desktop on my PC twice because of this infernal thing. And you can't uninstall it. Can only be disabled through gpedit which is simple enough.

wescliff 13:38 27 Feb 2019

John Bunyan, thanks for that.

AroundAgain 21:38 28 Feb 2019

I seem to remember un-ticking boxes so that One Drive didn't download from the un-ticked folders.

Can't remember where I found them, though :(

Consequently, OneDrive doesn't download any of my files (Windows 10 v1809)

:)

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei MateBook X Pro (2019) review

Magical mystery tour - Artist colourfully customises bus to promote positive mental health

Apple Streaming Service Release Date & Apple TV Subscription Rumours

Quel est le meilleur iPad ?