How can I get Flash Player to stay installed?

ronec1 20:18 17 Nov 2014

Sorry to bring up this problem again, but I have looked on here and posted on Adobe's Help page without any luck. For no reason, a couple of months ago, I was asked to install Flash Player, as mine was out of date. This I did, but next time I turned my computer on, I had to install it again, because no videos (You Tube, Facebook etc), would play. I uninstalled Flash Player with the Flash Player app'. I then re installed, but the same happened the next time I fired up the computer. This has been going on now, every time I start the computer. This past couple of days Flash Player has not even wanted to install properly. It sometimes plays video and at other times I just get a pop up saying to 'Get Flash Player'. I use Vista and my main Search Engine is Opera, with Firefox as my second. I have checked Firefox plugins and it states, Firefox does not consider the Plugin safe, so has disabled it. I then followed Adobes 'get around' for the cure, but without success. Opera do not list any Plugins that I can find. The Adobe 'help pages' were less than usefull as nobody replied as to what could cause the problem, and they are the software developers. hence I am seeing whether any of you experts have come across the problem.

ronec1 20:40 17 Nov 2014

Hi Jock1e. I have not come across Revo, so will check it out. I have checked with Malwarebytes and Superantispyware and both showed clear. I will give what you have suggested, a try, thanks.

ronec1 12:13 18 Nov 2014

Revo appeared to fully delete Flash Player, but was then unable to download a new version with Opera. Anyway I turned off for the night and this morning I downloaded with Firefox. I will wait and see whether it stays installed, fingers crossed.

wee eddie 17:23 18 Nov 2014

I have a similar problem.

The Adobe Test Site says that Flash is installed but, Facebook Videos will not play until I have reloaded Flash.

This Site says it has a solution but you are not alone. I have not tried it as it is a Site that I am not familiar with. Flash Solution

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

HTC U12 Plus review: Hands-on

Brilliant (and Weird) World Cup 2018 Art and Design Projects

Best Android emulators for Mac

TV & Streaming : comment regarder Roland Garros ?