Help with windows problem (explorer.exe)

johny k 21:23 19 Jun 2018

hello members, lately i’m having a problem on my network, pc’s stop their explorer.exe without any error message or prior notice and seconds before that eset nod32 blocks the url (newscommer) but after a computer scan with antivirus i can’t find anything at all. all pc’s affected have windows7 installed, xp / win10 / win server machines are not affected. i updated windows 7 to latest version and the problem was almost gone exept some pcs. FYI: the problem occurs on all pcs at the same time. and at a 1 to 2 hour frequency. (cloudnet was found and removed from some of the pcs) thank you for reading and for helping.

Govan1x 23:41 19 Jun 2018

newscommer is a redirector so maybe run adw cleaner to see if that removes it.

johny k 05:50 20 Jun 2018

adware cleaner didn't do the job :(

Govan1x 10:04 20 Jun 2018

it seems a bit complicated to remove. None of the big security companys are giving a fix for it. And a lot of what is left look a bit iffy so i would think twice about installing removal tools from them.

I am not on here that often now so with a bit of luck one of the others may come up with a fix for you.

if you have it on all your computers it may well be more difficult to fix.

Have a look in all programs and if on there remove it. Also go into registry and if you find it on there remove it.

It is a Browser hijacker so I would have thought that ADW Cleaner would have found and removed it.

Maybe try Malwarebytes but as ADW. Cleaner is part of that the chances would be limited.

One I used to use to use and it was very good was HitmanPro you get a 30 day trial of that.

if that does not work I can only think that maybe it is a corrupt host file.

it gives you somethings to try till someone else can give you the information that you need.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy Book 2: Release date, price and specs

This First Man soundtrack vinyl cover art is exquisitely composed

How to watch Apple’s October 2018 iPad launch

Meilleurs VPN (2018)