Help scan Epson XP352 3 in 1 printer

TN 17:24 08 Feb 2019
Answered

I have bought an Epson XP352 3 in 1 printer and installed it OK. I am runninbg Windows 10 Home. There is no problem printing from my desktop PC via WiFi (LAN) to the printer. However when I try to Scan anything the printer only gives me the option of using USB connection. I have reinstalled the Printer completely and although it has checked for updated drivers o during installation I have downloaded the newest scan drivers still with no success. Any help would be appreciated but please keep it simple Thank you for reading

MJS WARLORD 10:59 10 Feb 2019

have you looked on Epson site to see if their is a pdf manual to download or read , failing that contact customer support.

TN 15:26 10 Feb 2019

Thank you MJS Warlord - I had already checked the Epson forum with no result showing on it. I downloaded the manual (163 pages of it!!) and there is nothing at all on the Scanning section to point me in the right direction -nothing showing in troubleshooting either. I sent an email to Epson yesterday and await their reply. To-day I connected the printer via USB cable and the scanning works perfectly! Cannot understand why it doesn't work through my home WiFi

MJS WARLORD 16:55 10 Feb 2019

Hi TN , just a thought as you say the problem is with a pc on WiFi I was just wondering can you remember how you set up the WiFi , I am on bt with a home hub 4 and when I linked another pc to it via WiFi I chose set up home network and part way through a screen came up to tick boxes to share photos , documents , music and printers , do you recall ever doing this. If you did NOT do this it might be worth uninstalling the WiFi software and starting again.

TN 17:02 10 Feb 2019

The problem really is that I can do all my printing through my WiFi with no trouble. I was easily able to scan on my last Epson through the Wifi and cannot work out why this one is not working. If Epson cannot help (or tell me that I have to use the USB) to scan I'll return the printer and buy the same one as I had before. The home Wifi is excellent and reaches all over the house for Streaming through TV, Sky Catch Up etc so SHOULD reach to next room to scan!

Secret-Squirrel 18:04 10 Feb 2019

..............the printer only gives me the option of using USB connection.

Is that message displayed on the printer's screen? If it is then have you tried to initiate the scan from your PC instead? There should be an "Epson Scan" icon on your Desktop.

If you do want to be able to start scanning from the printer then on your PC, head over to Settings -> Network & Internet -> Status -> Sharing Options. Make sure that "Network Discovery" is on. If you make any changes then you'll need to logoff then log back in again for the change to take effect.

TN 08:48 11 Feb 2019

Hi Secret Squirrel - I was trying to run the scan from my desktop shortcut but I was given a page on my screen which just has a space with ADD showing - As I wanted to scan a photo on the plate in the printer I tried entering Picture but when I clicked Enter the page disappeared. I then looked at the screen on the printer where Use USB was showing as the only selection. Patiently waiting for an Epson reply today.

MJS WARLORD 09:11 11 Feb 2019

just a tip TN , Epson will answer emails eventually ZZZZzzzzzz , if you get fed up and ring them get ready for them asking you the random question " do you use genuine ink " , if they detect a doubtful answer in your voice they wont talk to you.

lotvic 13:24 11 Feb 2019

By default Epson Scan is set to scan via a USB cable, and will present an error if Epson Scan is opened and a scanner is connected via a network or Wi-Fi connection.

The following article explains how to change the settings in Epson Scan to allow scanning via a network or Wi-Fi connection.

Epson.co.uk faq click here

MJS WARLORD 13:35 11 Feb 2019

Hi TN , if you are a newbie and a bit weary of opening links in case it contains something nasty , I have looked at the link lotvic has posted , it is safe and just what you need.

lotvic 13:49 11 Feb 2019

As a relatively newbie yourself, Ta for vetting my link MJS WARLORD.

I'll return the favour: weary = extreme tiredness whereas wary = cautious.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e Release Date, Price & Spec

Robert Hunter talks animating his magical storybook style for a spaced out music video

Best iPhone & iPad games 2019

Samsung Galaxy X : date de sortie, prix et fiche technique