HELP! Need help upgrading current computer!!

greds9may 21:39 29 Jul 2019

What are my options?

Hi guys,

My current configuration is:

CPU: i5 4690K Motherboard: MSI Z79 Guard PRO RAM: Gskill 8GB SSD: 970 Evo plus 500 GB HDD: 4 TB WD Black PSU: Corsair VS 550 Monitor: BenQ 2250-B, Highest resolution 1920X1080 (60Hz)

I am planning to play lastest games. But most of the time, I will be using the computer for editing (video, pictures) and for virtualization (VMware and Virtualbox). Also, for website development.

My current budget is around $ 600. So, please help me out on how to upgrade my current desktop. Do I buy more powerful PSU? or Do I buy a new graphic card? or Do I buy a new monitor? or Upgrade CPU, motherboard and RAM? If so, please suggest me a budget/new/more powerful CPU, motherboard and RAM combo. Or any other suggestion would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance! I am waiting for your suggestion.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:55 30 Jul 2019

Look at what games you want to play they will tel you on the box what specs are required. but for video editing you will need more RAM

greds9may 17:02 30 Jul 2019

Thanks for replying. I think I'll be playing most the new games available

greds9may 17:02 30 Jul 2019

greds9may 17:15 30 Jul 2019

greds9may 18:03 30 Jul 2019

greds9may 18:04 30 Jul 2019

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Oppo Reno 2 Z review: Hands-on

Beck album covers ranked – his best artwork from the '90s to now

Best iPhone & iPad games 2019

iPhone SE 2 : date de sortie, prix et autres rumeurs