Help! My pc is getting worse

Dlxgp7 05:25 16 Oct 2015

Hello, I never write posts to ask questions when it comes computers, but this time I saw myself having to do so.

I have had many problems recently, and it just got to the point where stuff just doesnt work anymore.

I upgraded to Win 10 about 10 days after its launch. I loved it. I had that often problem everyone had but I could solve it.

About 20 days ago, everything worked greatly. Then, I don't remember what exactly happened, but all of a sudden I couldn't access the Groove Music App. Then I realized I couldnt open any other Windows built in apps, not even store worked. However, Edge and apps like calendar for some reason do work. So in an attempt to repair this, I messed up the Appdata folders's permissions. I had recently installed this context menu button when I right clicked, that let me take ownership of a folder, so I took the ownership "administrators." Then, the hidden items check box in the View Tab on Explorer suddenly unchecked itself when I checked it. I looked up online and there it said it had to do with the Administrator account, but hell, I am the admin account on my PC, so this just didnt make sense. Then I read a simple reboot would help, so I rebooted and it was fixed.

This is where I mention my recent installs. Around the time, I installed this now piece of software on my pc, and this software was Bit defender Total Security. I had replaced my previous antivirus, Avast Internet Security, with this. Now, I highly doubt this program contributed to this in some way, but I just wanted to be specific.

Now we jump all the way onto today. I really wanted a solution for the built in apps, especially Groove Music, so I opened multiple pages to find a solution, and I can say mixing these in the same session probably was a huge mistake.

Suddenly, the "Store" icon in my taskbar dissapeareed, leaving a dark space. This was after inserting some commands in Powershell and cmd, such as "dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth" and "sfc /scannow".

Now, this was weird that the store icon dissapeared, and then I found out the Start Menu did not work as well. This is where I am now, asking this silly question. I then headed to the restore points, and went back to a 1:00 AM copy it did automatically. After the restore, everything was exactly the same. In my attempts to fix my Applications problem, there was registry keys I had to delete or edit, and I made a backup of them just in case. I know for a fact that this problems are only happening to my profile at the moment, because I checked on another profile, and it is good as new, that being everything works perfectly, including the apps.

I am giving up on this, so I am amking this post to ask if someone can please help me.

When I try opening the "ghost" icon of the store, I always get this message:

This app cant open There's a problem with Store. Contact your system administrator about repairing and installing it

Before I gave up, I tried resetting the permission on Appdata and anywhere else by using subinacl.msi in this link:

click here, sorry for the long post, and here are all the links I have used to "fix" my problem but made it worse and the end (they are in no particular order):

click here

Anyway href

10-windowsstore/store-not-opening-in-windows-10-this-app-cant-open/c0de1565-9c33-4604-a1cd-b4ce18b72117?page=2&auth=1

10-windowsstore/windows-10-app-store-will-not-run-cannt-add-a-user/682d6bd8-39ae-4ee4-b0fc-c19027b44552?rtAction=1444233209744&auth=1

storeandappswontopenreregistering/

1-windowsstore/windows-store-app-not-opening-in-windows-81/9882357f-ae86-4e4d-ba37-209aa960063c

Dlxgp7 05:28 16 Oct 2015

That last part went wrong somehow, here are the links:

click here

href

10-windowsstore/store-not-opening-in-windows-10-this-app-cant-open/c0de1565-9c33-4604-a1cd-b4ce18b72117?page=2&auth=1

10-windowsstore/windows-10-app-store-will-not-run-cannt-add-a-user/682d6bd8-39ae-4ee4-b0fc-c19027b44552?rtAction=1444233209744&auth=1

storeandappswontopenreregistering/

1-windowsstore/windows-store-app-not-opening-in-windows-81/9882357f-ae86-4e4d-ba37-209aa960063c

mole1944 05:41 16 Oct 2015

Jeez you could have condensed that down,save all your data then start from scratch with a fresh installation of the operating system before you upgraded to W10,then clone your new working installation to another drive (Important as you can then swap back if all goes pear shaped).Finally you and many others me included have found W10 poor,best wait 6-9 months before installing.My try at W10 was a disaster,so it was a case of a 5 minute fix (swap back to my cloned drive)

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:08 16 Oct 2015

if other accounts are working OK then its looking like a corrupt profile.

Create a new profile and move all your emails favourites docs etc from Users to the new profile.

then when happy with the new profile remove the old corrupt profile.

Dlxgp7 02:48 17 Oct 2015

Thanks for responding. Thing is, I want to keep my profile. I have had this profile ever since I got Win 8.1. The amount of stuff inside is quite big, so I would rather solve this 2 problems. In fact, today I found out the Appdata folder was not the only factor to my 2 problems. Apparently some registry tweaks I tried desactivated the Start Menu and some functions on the taskbar. This had to do with my profile in the registry. With that out of the way, my only problem now is the built in apps. The built in apps dont work for my profile, and I have tried things like reregistering but it didnt quite work. If anyone could help me that would be great Thanks for reading

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:47 17 Oct 2015

There is no cure

move stuff from old to new

when happy delete old

it will be the exactly thesame as the old with a slightly different name

rdave13 15:30 17 Oct 2015

You could try to uninstall and reinstall some of these apps, have a look here , worth a try.

Dlxgp7 08:47 18 Oct 2015

Hey rdave13 , thanks for the sugggestion. I had explored that option and attempted it before, but it didn't work.

This are the current error powershell gave for Groove music:

---While Unistalling---:

Remove-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073CF6, Package could not be registered. error 0x80070003: Reading manifest from location: AppxManifest.xml failed with error: The system cannot find the path specified. . NOTE: For additional information, look for [ActivityId] d0cd4aac-0936-0000-17c9-cdd03609d101 in the Event Log or use the command line Get-AppxLog -ActivityID d0cd4aac-0936-0000-17c9-cdd03609d101 At line:1 char:31 + Get-AppxPackage zunemusic | Remove-AppxPackage + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ + CategoryInfo : WriteError: (Microsoft.ZuneM...__8wekyb3d8bbwe:String) [Remove-AppxPackage], IOException + FullyQualifiedErrorId : DeploymentError,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.RemoveAppxPackageCommand

---While Reregistering all apps---:

Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073CF6, Package could not be registered. Merge Failure : error 0x80070003 : Cannot register the Microsoft.ZuneMusic3.6.13251.0x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe package because there was a merge failure with the following file: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.ZuneMusic3.6.13251.0neutralresources.scale-1408wekyb3d8bbwe\resources.pri NOTE: For additional information, look for [ActivityId] d0cd4aac-0936-0000-6695-cdd03609d101 in the Event Log or use the command line Get-AppxLog -ActivityID d0cd4aac-0936-0000-6695-cdd03609d101

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 6T McLaren edition costs more and charges faster

Diversity is improving in branding - but there's still a way to go

New Apple Products 2019: Predicting the new Apple products coming soon

Les meilleurs smartphones Honor