Help locked out of Yoga 300

Steve Hope 18:28 02 Sep 2019

After trying to speed up my daughter's Yogabook today I restarted it and 2 things happened. (1) It's now stuck permanently in flight mode so cannot get online (2) it asked for Microsoft password (which I don't know) instead of the 4 digit PIN (which I do know) so I'm totally stuck. If I could disable flight mode I can recover everything else but everything I've tried has failed so far. When I start in safe mode I can't do anything without her password so I used another device to change her password but this hasn't helped because this device hasn't been online. It's a mess so please help if you can. I've tried the F7 key the other options are greyed out and when I click the airplane mode button nothing happens.

Govan1x 19:51 02 Sep 2019

If you have w10 on that go into all settings. network. Flight mode. Switch it off. See if that works.

Govan1x 19:54 02 Sep 2019

Also when trying to sign in There should be a sign like an eye where you sign in if you click on that it should give you the option of using a password or a 4 digit pin. Choose the pin.

Hope that works.

Steve Hope 23:25 02 Sep 2019

I can't get to settings as I can't log into windows or get past the login screen. I will try the other method thanks but think it only gives me the option to use a password (which I don't have) thanks.

Secret-Squirrel 08:57 03 Sep 2019

It's now stuck permanently in flight mode so cannot get online

That shouldn't be a problem because your laptop has an Ethernet socket. It's on the right-hand side at the back so just connect a network cable from that port to one on the back of your router to get online. There should be a cable in the box your router came in.

Steve Hope 11:16 03 Sep 2019

Secret-Squirrel - thanks I have tried using the Ethernet cable but the laptop remains in Flight Mode and I can't get past the login screen to change this. If I could somehow enter the PIN rather than the password I'd be OK but not had chance to try Govan1X method of clicking the "eye" yet.

thanks - keep the help coming. I need the device for a Skype interview in a few days !!

Secret-Squirrel 18:50 03 Sep 2019

F7 key.................when I click the airplane mode button nothing happens.

Was that with or without the FN key as well? By default it should be the latter but try both ways.

In the middle of the login screen there should be a "Sign-in options" link with two icons for PIN or password.

Restarting the laptop may help so click the power icon and choose Restart.

After trying to speed up my daughter's Yogabook........

Tell me briefly what you did.

Secret-Squirrel 17:46 04 Sep 2019

............ keep the help coming. I need the device for a Skype interview in a few days !!

OK, so how are you getting on?

I have another potential fix if you're still interested.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iPhone 11 Pro vs Huawei P30 Pro: How Pro should you go?

IBC 2019: new video tools from Adobe, Blackmagic, Lenovo and more

iOS 13 release date, time & new features

Les meilleurs appareils connect├ęs compatibles avec Google Home (2019)