Having to sign-in after closing lid

Guardianangel 12:11 30 Nov 2016

Just recently after closing the lid on my PC. Running Windows 10. I am shown the sign-in page when I open it again with a new picture showing regularly.

Have tweaked all the settings to no avail.

Basically, all I want is for my desktop screen to show each time I open the lid as it used to. I shut-down every night, the recommended way and only switch on with the power button. Time was when just moving the mouse would re-activate the screen but not anymore.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Govan1x 12:25 30 Nov 2016

Control panel. Power options.Require password on wake up. make sure don't require a password is dotted. If not that there should be something in there that will help.

wee eddie 13:35 30 Nov 2016

I am assuming that you are talking about a Laptop. Many have a switch built into the hinge, some shut it down, others put it into Sleep Mode

Guardianangel 13:45 30 Nov 2016

Thanks for responding but that option is not in the control panel and I've changed the settings reclosing of lid.

My lid just put it to sleep previously but it awakened when I opened the lid.

Guardianangel 06:30 01 Dec 2016

I did a recovery. Took ages but the problem seems to be solved now.

lotvic 12:11 01 Dec 2016

I am shown the sign-in page when I open it again with a new picture showing regularly

That is the 'Lock Screen'. With Windows 10’s Anniversary Update, Microsoft no longer lets you disable the lock screen.

How to Use and Tweak Your Windows 10 Lock Screen click here

How to Disable the Lock Screen (Except at Boot) click here

Guardianangel 07:32 02 Dec 2016

Thank you lotvic. I will try that if necessary. At the moment all is OK. The problem was that I was being shown the sign-in screen after opening and closing the lid, not just on start-up.

I did wonder where the new picture came from after those last updates.lol

So far Windows 10 is not behaving well after updates. Wish I'd stayed with 8.1 Too many changes that I don't want.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 6T McLaren edition costs more and charges faster

Diversity is improving in branding - but there's still a way to go

New Apple Products 2019: Predicting the new Apple products coming soon

Les meilleurs smartphones Honor