Having problem with my laptop

Mrbeast 14:41 21 Sep 2019

Every time i restart my new asus laptop, it will just start and turns to black screen. What do you think the problem is and possible solution to this.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:45 21 Sep 2019

There are many reasons.

1. Set to external instead of LCD screen - Have you tried connecting to an external display such as monitor or TV to see if you get a picture?

2. Windows is loading updates and you may have to wait a long while for it to complete (give it 30 mins).

john bunyan 16:09 21 Sep 2019

FB

Your option 3 happened on a young relative’s good Asus laptop this week. Updates took ages with small blue circle . Suggest the OP lets it run for an hour or two if needed. With hindsight I should have done that, having tried other things- nearly invoked a Macrium backup. Ok in the end with update to Windows and Office 2019 Student edition

wee eddie 17:00 21 Sep 2019

Remember, when Updates are in progress - Plug your Lappy into the mains

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Oppo Reno 2 Z review: Hands-on

George Wylesol's new book is a demonic take on 90s internet

MacBook Pro 13in (2019) review

Test : l'Amazon Echo 3, un design et des performances audio perfectionnés