Hard Drive Enclosure Fans Constantly Spinning

Brian Evangelista 00:26 23 Mar 2018

Hi, I have 2x Mediasonic ProBox HF2-SU3S2 4 Bay 3.5” SATA HDD Enclosures. One has 4x HDD's in it all 8TB and the second has 2x HDD in it one 8TB and one 4TB. When I was first using these units they were dead quiet and the enclosure fan would only run and be noticeably loud if I was actually using the HDDs in them such as transferring files and watching movies. And then when I stopped using them, they would be dead quiet. I recently purchased a new PC and now, as soon as I turn them on, the fan starts spinning on both enclosures as if the hard drives are in use but they are not. How can I troubleshoot this, to get the fans and hard drives (I'm guessing) to stop being active? I'm running Windows 10.

wee eddie 02:17 23 Mar 2018

Before you try anything. Check that the airflow around the drives is clear

Forum Editor 10:43 23 Mar 2018

Is Windows 10 on your new machine indexing these drives?

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Moto G6 Play Review: First Look

iPad 9.7in (2018) review

Test : les écouteurs Bluetooth Honor xSport AM61