Gaming problems with new PC

OmniHyena 18:17 13 Jan 2015

Hello, this is my first time posting here, I would really appreciate some help with some problems I have with my new PC. I've tried installing the latest drivers for my graphics card but this did not help. I have a fair bit of knowledge in this subject but please keep the answers fairly simple :) Below is a list of the problems.

Problem 1: The games I'm playing occasionally crash and go to a blue screen, and an error pops up saying "(game title) has stopped working."

Problem 2: This one is hard to explain, but basically, games won't load unless I press the Windows button, and then click back on the game. For example, if I launch Call of Duty 5, it just shows a black screen and nothing loads, and I then have to press the Windows button, and click on the game, and it just seems to load for some reason.

Problem 3: This one only occurs on Skyrim for some reason, but I'm genuinely concerned for my eardrums. This one seems to be completely random, but at certain times while playing, a VERY loud noise which sounds like static plays for about 5 seconds. It's extremely loud and scares the hell out of me, as well as hurting my ears because it's so loud.

My PC is really new, I got it (pre-built) a few days ago from cyberpowersystem.co.uk.

I would really appreciate any help with any of these problems. Problem 3 is the worst one because I am more scared to play Skyrim now than Five Nights at Freddy's and Amnesia.

Thank you very much, all help is appreciated :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

Illustrator Charles Williams on how to create magazines and book covers

iMac Pro review

Les meilleures prises CPL (2018)