Fresh Windows 10 is slow and not resposive

biscuhslf 09:21 26 Sep 2016

Hello! Yesterday I did a fresh install of Windows 10 on my PC and everything was fine - it was working perfectly and smooth. I installed only Skype, Chrome and Steam on it and then turned it off. Today I noticed that it took an insanely long time to boot - around 4-5 minutes. My PC is not a bad configuration - AMD FX 4350, 8GB RAM, Radeon 7770 and 1TB HDD and this is very uncommon for it. Furthermore, once I logged in I immediately realized that the whole OS is unbearably slow and unresponsive. I clicked the start button and it opened after a solid 30-40 seconds and then it needed even more than that to load the tiles. It is impossible to open Chrome - it just doesnt appear and task manager doesn't let me click on anything inside its window. I am at a loss as of what to do and would really appreciate help. Thanks in advance :)

chub_tor 09:29 26 Sep 2016

If it was good before you installed Skype, Chrome and Steam then I would uninstall them one at a time and see if one of them is causing the problem. If you have patience then I would first install CCleaner and uninstall those programmes using its Tools, Uninstall and clean up the registry after each uninstall.

biscuhslf 09:32 26 Sep 2016

The thing is I can't open any browser at all, let alone download something from the internet. I will try to see if I can uninstall the programs later today.

beynac 11:03 26 Sep 2016

It is possibly Windows Update downloading a large amount patch or patches. If you did not run this after installation, it will automatically bring your computer up to date. I suggest you leave it on overnight and see if it then wants to update the OS.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Mi Mix 3 5G UK Release Date, Price & Specification

D&AD Awards 2019: Check out the Pencil winners from the year's biggest creative awards

WWDC 2019 dates and what to expect

Les meilleurs ordinateurs portables (2019)