In the Forum,.......I would like to de

marie-anna88 06:49 23 Jun 2017

In the Forums, I would like to delete old question and answers and start new ones how do I do this.....also I have registered here but forgot to add my email address what can I do I do have my password or is it my username!!!!!

I really appreciate all the help you've all have given me!

Forum Editor 07:25 23 Jun 2017

You can't delete your old posts - they form part of our archive, and they can be useful to other people with similar questions to yours. You can view all of your past posts if you click on the three horizontal white bars at the left in the red PC Advisor bar along the top of the forum pages. Click on your username in the drop down menu and you'll see them listed.

Your username (marie-anna88) appears automatically at the top of each post you make.

You can't register with us unless you provide an email address, and you did that - I can see your address on my screen, but nobody else can. Do not add your email address to any of your posts - it's a bad idea to do that in a public web forum.

Your password is known to you, and to us. Nobody else can see it.

davecartman 08:55 23 Jun 2017

Following on to the above question I registered with a fsnet,co.uk address which is now redundant but cannot find a way to change this to my present address on this site. Do I need to as I can still log on with my old address?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:34 23 Jun 2017

davecartman only need to change so you can get notifications when someone has posted to a thread you started.

To change click the three white bars - click account (next to your name) - this then shows email and user name which you can then change - put in your password and click submit. - job done!

davecartman 12:50 23 Jun 2017

Thanks Fruit Bat, I went there but thought I was being asked to change my password. I should read things more carefully, but job now done.

marie-anna88 06:13 25 Jun 2017

When I go onto "BOOTING MY COMPUTING" I would like to know how to retrieve my mouse so I can put my computer into "SAFE MODE". And I would like to know why my mouse isn't at the "BOOTING" anymore is there any solution for that!!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 08:57 25 Jun 2017

You need to enter BIOS (setup) - look for a setting something like USB legacy for DOS make sure it is enabled - then save and exit (F10).

Do not mess wit any other settings in BIOS as this could stop your PC from booting at all!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Moto G6 Play Review: First Look

The best smart speaker: Apple HomePod vs Google Home vs Amazon Echo

Augmentation du tabac : les meilleures applications pour arrĂȘter de fumer