Hot Topics

Folder view changes due to updates?

martd7 15:59 21 Jul 2020
Answered

Strange problem

I open a Music Project folder on Drive D and have the view set at Details i can see when the projects been modified and the file type "File folder"

On opening one of these folders from earlier this year i can see name,date,type and size

Opening a more recent folder since March and choosing Details view i get name,title,album,contributing artists

Is this something to do with an update?

I am confused,difficult to explain

I suppose in simple terms if Folder view is set to details the contents headers are different in recent folders to earlier ones

Thanks

martd7 19:16 21 Jul 2020

I have uploaded Views of what i mean to Google Drive might make it easier to understand

click here

Secret-Squirrel 16:15 22 Jul 2020
Answer

Mart, you can add or remove column headings simply by right-clicking on one then select the ones you want and deselect those you don't.

You can also resize and/or change the position of the columns by clicking and dragging.

Windows should remember your preferences every time you open the folder.

martd7 09:44 23 Jul 2020

Secret Squirrel

Thank you i did not know that

Why though would the layout change? Is it a Windows update?

Secret-Squirrel 08:48 24 Jul 2020

Why though would the layout change? Is it a Windows update?

It's possible although we'll never know for sure. The last big update broke both my email clients so perhaps you got off lightly ;)

Hopefully you'll be able to put the column headings back to how you want them and they'll stay like that forever.

martd7 10:39 24 Jul 2020

So far they have

Thank you again

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

1x1 pixel
Elsewhere on IDG sites

Google Pixel 4a review

Zarin Baksh magickally merges the female form with fantasy

New iMac 2020 release date, price & specs

Les meilleurs gadgets high-tech pour animaux (2020)