Flash Player requires permission every time

wildhouse 18:13 25 Feb 2019

I updated my Windows 10 PC at the weekend and since then when I use Adobe Flash Player on Edge it constantly asks me for permission, however, there is only one option to choose - allow only once. Does anyone know how to allow it every time? Thanks.

Bris 18:57 25 Feb 2019

This may help click here, however MS may have removed the ability to turn it on permanently in the latest updates due to security concerns.

wildhouse 19:11 25 Feb 2019

Thanks, Bris. Have already tried option 1 and have enabled Flash, however, everytime I load Farmville (sad, but I enjoy it!) I have to allow Flash regardless. Not sure if I want to mess around with option 2 so may wait for the next update to see if they do anything with it.

Bris 19:49 25 Feb 2019

Unfortunately all major browsers have been trying to kill off flash player for years and have gradually reduced access to it. It is likely that in the not too distant future that access will be removed entirely as HTML5 takes over. This means that a future update to fix it is very unlikely.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings.

wee eddie 20:21 25 Feb 2019

That's just how it should be. Flash is easily hacked and you don't want to risk it being permanently enabled

Old Deuteronomy 20:29 25 Feb 2019

I removed Flash some time ago and don't miss it. It is very, very rare the lack of Flash causes a problem.

wildhouse 20:46 25 Feb 2019

Old Deuteronomy - obviously not a Candy Crush and Farmville player, then!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Oppo Reno 2 Z review: Hands-on

TikTok and how to use it for illustration success

macOS Catalina Review: New MacOS update turns your Mac into an entertainment hub

Les meilleures coques pour iPhone 11, 11 Pro et 11 Pro Max (2019)