Fix corrupted profile "without reboot"

cemopolat 09:21 24 Mar 2014

Hi,

Some of my remote desktop users' profiles get corrupted randomly. I found the solution to change profile list and state from regedit.

ie rename xxxxx.bak to xxxxx and change state to 0 Then after rebooting everything is back. (as in click here my question is how to do that without rebooting ??

Any help will be appreciated..

Cemo

But

BRYNIT 10:18 24 Mar 2014

I don't think you can. As far as I know any alteration to the registry will not take effect until the computer has rebooted.

Instead of altering the registry I would be trying to find out what could be causing this problem.

You could check for corrupt files from cmd prompt with sfc /scannow and you could scan the HD for bad sector.

cemopolat 10:29 25 Mar 2014

Brynit, thanks for your answer. You are absolutely right about finding the real reason, but unfortunately I couldn't. Actually there has been no real damage to user profile or user files anyway, for some reason, windows thinks it is damaged bu it is not.

I don't think whole registry is being read only once at startup. There should be a way to refresh / reload the related somehow. I tried to restart almost all services but it didn't help either.

You may be wondering why I don't want to reboot; because usually there are 10s of users logged on and I don't want to force them to log off (save their documents etc).

BR Cemo

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy S9 review: Hands-on

The art of 'British' pulp fiction

Best password managers for Mac

TV & streaming : comment regarder le Tournoi des Six Nations 2018 ?