Files Disappearing After Cut and Paste

AH561 20:16 29 Nov 2015

I have an Elgato Game Capture HD, and some external hard drives to save all of the videos i record.

Sometimes, when i am doing a "cut and paste", some video files can't be found and that's it, they just disappear. This happens with every "cut and paste" i do into my hard drives.

But something important to note is that when i first started making this "transfers" (about 1 year ago), i had about 100GB of free space in my local hard drive, and now i have 50GB remaining (after transfering the files); and i couldn't add 50GB of files over the last year since i barely use my computer for other stuff. This makes me think that the lost files are hidden somewhere in my local hard drive.

What should i do? Do you recommend any program?

(Sorry if i didn't detail my problem as much but you can ask for more details if you want)

wee eddie 21:48 29 Nov 2015

If you are moving them around the same Drive. Why not Drag & Drop. Or even Copy & Paste, then delete the original when you know where its gone to.

AH561 01:51 30 Nov 2015

I meant to say that i move the files from my PC to a external hard drive, but the disappearing files seem to accumulate somewhere in my PC

BT 08:10 30 Nov 2015

Surely if you CUT and paste, the original WILL disappear, That's how CUT works.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Amazon slashes Echo Dot price to just £24.99 to kick off Black Friday

The 51 Best Free Typefaces Every Designer Should Have

Mac mini 2018 review

Les meilleurs écouteurs et casques audio (2018)