Is Feature update v 1703 the latest for w 10?

john bunyan 10:43 31 May 2017
Answered

This large update installed last night on my desktop. Loads of new features but no time to test them yet. Is this the long awaited major update, and which features do others find useful?

john bunyan 10:47 31 May 2017

Ps I notice a new windows.old foler has appeared, so it looks to be a big change. Must check that restore points work

john bunyan 10:56 31 May 2017

PS As I suspected the system restore was turned off; it took a while to find how to set it up again. Annoying.

john bunyan 11:09 31 May 2017

Also , as a precaution I created an restore point prior to this update, but it was, with all earlier updates wiped presumably as windows.old is available. I bet some miss the fact that system protection is turned off by default yet again.

Govan1x 13:04 31 May 2017

Surprised that it updated without you knowing. Looks like it is the latest update but think there is another one due out a bit later.

Click here

Nothing worse when you download something and it says making a restore point but it never does.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:45 31 May 2017
Answer

Just remember windows.old now only lasts for 10 days not 30 as per the original win 10 update.

john bunyan 20:26 31 May 2017

FB

Thanks, it takes about 16 Gig so I will get rid of it as soon as I am happy. I am interested to hear which features people like on the new update. Annoyed it switches off restore points without notification.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy Book 2: Release date, price and specs

This First Man soundtrack vinyl cover art is exquisitely composed

How to watch Apple’s October 2018 iPad launch

Meilleurs VPN (2018)