failure configuring windows updates (Stuck in loop

Harry S 19:47 24 May 2017

Hi. I've had this problem for about a week now, my laptop is stuck in a loop after configuring updates (granted it was alot of updates) upon restarting the laptop after the updates where completed I was stuck on this screen. "Failure configuring windows updates Undoing changes Don't turn off your computer" it has been stuck like that for days now. I thought I could just leave it to do its thing but it's taking far to long and I kinda need my laptop for uni.

For the sake of being through its a old Samsung laptop (not sure the specific model) around five years old now, but not too slow. It's running on Windows 8 (as far as I can tell it's just 8 not 8.1) if that helps and the screen won't let me do anything, like at all I can move the mouse and change volume and brightness.

I've tried manually restarting and booting into safe mode via f8 and shift+f8 and esc and ctrl alt delete, etc. I also don't have a windows 8 recovery disk (like I said the laptop is five years old at least) so I can't backup using that and I don't even know if the disk drive still works.

I hope anyone can help I'm getting kinda desperate now if my only option is booting off of a disk then I'll need to go pick one up and pray to God the disk drive still works.

Thanks for reading this long message.

Harry

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:26 24 May 2017

make a win 19 iso on usb and boot from that

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei Mate 20 Pro review: In-depth hands-on

See concept art from groundbreaking video games including The Last of Us, Journey and No Man's Sky

iPhone XR release date, price & specs

Les meilleurs VPN pour Kodi (2018)