factory reset, windows 10 yes or no

conrail 19:56 03 Jun 2016

recently posted a query re: 'Windows cannot access the specified device'; click here having the problem but now when trying to burn discs, non copyright of local choir, I'm either told wrong type of disc '+ or -', have both types and both rejected, or program stops working, thinking of using factory reset which will revert to windows 8.1, I like windows 10, will still be able to download it again? all help and advice appreciated

still

StephenCrossland 22:12 03 Jun 2016

Before you go back to Win 8.1 I would suggest checking your drivers with a program like IObit driver booster; click here

Failing that can you give us the name and model number of the DVD/CD drive. I have heard of compatibility issues with DVD drives that can be fixed. Good luck, s.

conrail 23:18 03 Jun 2016

thanks for the reply, I have IObit driver booster and no problems found, the dvd drive is built into my HP Pavilion laptop, I also have the DVD writer as an external drive from my old pc, same problem with both drives, ashampoo burning studio 2016 is not recognizing my discs and windows media player starts to burn then shuts down

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Imminent Moto Razr reboot rumoured to be pricy mid-ranger

Nexus Studios on how to make the perfect animation showreel and portfolio

Apple TV streaming service: what, where, when and how much

Test : la montre connectée Fossil Sport avec puce Snapdragon Wear 3100 à moins de 250 €