.exe file will not run but everything else is work

bizmark222 09:59 19 Mar 2018

Hi I have a Windows 10 laptop and just purchased a program. You have to run a .exe file to start it up but when clicking on it nothing happens? No pop up or message to say why or what is blocking it.is there anyway of finding out as i have closed every security tool for it to run and whitelisted it.The developer has offered a refund but I need this sofware. All other apps work fine.

wiganken2 11:24 19 Mar 2018

Sometimes to download an exe file the file extension ".exe" is removed to allow it to be downloaded. It is then up to the buyer to add the .exe extension. Are you sure that the .exe extension is actually there or are you assuming it will work because you know it to be an exe file? Without the exe extension Windows does not know what to do with the file.

bizmark222 11:43 19 Mar 2018

It is there...it is exactly what is happening in this video click here

wiganken2 22:07 19 Mar 2018

It is probably not an exe file. If it was it would run. It may have an exe extension but it may not be a true exe file. Did you get it from a reputable vendor? Ask the software vendor to re-send the exe file. If it still doesn't work then ask for a refund. Also did you check that the software was for Windows 10 and not a Mac or earlier Windows versions? Can you get the software from somewhere else?

Forum Editor 09:44 20 Mar 2018

have you restarted your computer after the download, and after running the .exe file?

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Moto G6 Play Review: First Look

iPad 9.7in (2018) review

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?