error message 0x80041004 MS gameserver connection

David S. 17:39 30 Nov 2015
Answered

Dear experts, Pls excuse my ignorance of this site and how it works. I have windows 7 on an Intel i5 processor and 64bit something! I have had an intermittent problem which is now permanent re: error message 0x80041004 when trying to connect to MS internet games. I've tried switching on/off through 'programmes and features' then re-booting but to no effect. Could anyone pls. advise an 'idiot proof' solution? Thank you in hope. David S.

xania 12:35 01 Dec 2015
Answer

Please take a look at this url - you have to go some way down before you find the answer (clearly you are not alone):

click here

David S. 16:57 01 Dec 2015

I have tried to email a thank you to 'Xania' but I don't think that it actually got sent - don't know why. Thank you 'Xania'. I've tried the 'programmes and features +re-boot' several times and it doesn't work for me and, it would appear, for many others either. Could anyone help please? Many thx. David S.

xania 09:13 02 Dec 2015

Hi David.

It seems that this is a much wider problem then first expected, with many sites now saying its a Microsoft problem and they need to fix it. I did see one person suggesting that their problem vanished when they did a recent Windows update, so perhaps you need to ensure your system is up-to-date, but otherwise, at present, be comforted that you are not alone. Sorry that I cannot be more positive. More people with problems and no real solutions:

click here

David S. 16:30 03 Dec 2015

Many thx. Xania for your time input. I have made some connections over the last 24hrs but also had interruptions during a game and halfway towards games actually starting. I will close my question now, if I can figure out how to :-), and await Microsoft coming up with a solution. In terms of updates... the only one I haven't taken up (yet) is Windows 10 which might/might not fix the MS games connection problem. Thank you again. David S.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Pokémon Let's Go, Pikachu! and Eevee! review

Best Black Friday deals for designers and artists 2018

Mac mini 2018 review

Les meilleurs SSD