Error code 0xc000000f laptop won't start up

Silvija Paškeviciute 19:47 13 Sep 2019

Hello,I need help with my laptop. When switched on it shows up a blue screen with RECOVERY saying Your PC/device needs to be repaired error code 0xc000000f I have no idea what to do, I had a usb with windows 10 on it to try and fix the problem to no avail..

mikef. 20:02 13 Sep 2019
  AOMEI 08:38 15 Nov 2019

it very common the ecounter such erorr, there are some solution i find, hope these solutions can help you out.

you can view this page to know more method: How to Fix Error Code 0xc000000e Without CD in Windows 10/8/7?

Method 1. Set BIOS default settings

Step 1. Start your computer and press functional key (F2, F4, or F5, the exact key depends on your computer) when you see the first screen to enter BIOS.

Step 2. Under the “Exit” tab, find the “Load Optional Defaults”.

Step 3. Just press the “F10” key to save and exit.

Method 2. CHKDSK utility

When your computer has Error Code 0xc000000e in Windows 10/8/7 issue, you can run the CHKDSK command to check your hard drive and fix. Many people may tell you that you need to get an installation CD to enter the Command Prompt to run the CHKDSK command.

But actually, you can turn to AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard, which is a disk management tool, and it can help you to launch CHKDSK to fix the status 0xc000000e without CD. And its intuitive interface makes the operation much easy.

What you will do:

A USB drive. It will be formatted, so please back up the USB. Another working computer installed AOMEI Partition Assistant. Firstly, we need to create a bootable USB to boot your computer, then we can fix the 0xc000000e problem.

Step 1. Download and open AOMEI Partition Assistant in another working computer. Click “Make Bootable Media” and “Next”.

Step 2. Choose the USB as boot device, and click “Proceed”.

Step 3. The program will warn you the USB will be formatted, ensure you have backed up the important data, and click “Yes”.

Step 4. Just wait a few minutes and click “Finish”.

Step 5. Your USB will be a bootable device. You can use it to boot your damaged computer. Insert it to your damaged computer, and boot your computer from the USB.

Step 6. When you see the AOMEI Partition Assistant, right-click the C system partition, and select “Advanced” > “Check Partition”.

Step 7. Choose “Check partition and fix errors in the partition using chkdsk.exe”, and click “OK”.

And wait for the program to finish.

Method 3. Rebuild MBR

MBR is a vital structure to boot Windows. Corrupted MBR can be the cause of status 0xc000000e. you can also fix it with AOMEI Partition Assistant.

Like the steps in Method 2, you need to create a bootable USB to boot your computer from it, and we can fix the “error code 0xc000000e in Windows 10/8/7” issue.

Step 1. Boot computer from the bootable USB.

Step 2. When you see AOMEI Partition Assistant interface, and right-click the system disk and choose “Rebuild MBR”.

Step 3. Set the type of MBR for the current OS, and click “OK”.

Step 4. In the main interface, click “Apply” and “Proceed”.

wee eddie 08:41 15 Nov 2019

AOMEI looks like a Spammer, even though his Posts appear relevant - Turned the decision over to FE

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:07 15 Nov 2019

wee eddie

Points to the same site as Guest 1234512760

both revived old threads so most likely spam.

mrgrumpy 22:28 15 Nov 2019

HEY fruitbat we meet again ( me keith but from an old post you know that ) I just cant get my head round why somebody would spend so much time and effort dishing out spam. Maybe they type it in word and paste it in god knows how many sites.

BTW on my spare pc I clicked the link he is not answering a question he is spamming a product .

Just look at how big his post is he must be really desperate for cash

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best TV streaming services: Netflix vs Amazon Prime vs Disney+ and more

The art projects making this 2019 General Election more bearable

Best Apple tech gifts for Christmas 2019

L’Amazon Black Friday Week est lancée