err_network_error, why it happen on w10

MJS WARLORD 23:27 08 Mar 2018

ok so i know that if i type ipconfig/flushdns into command prompt it will get rid of the above error but what can i do to stop this happening in the first place , i am on w10 and never got this error on xp , 7 or vista

Forum Editor 09:35 09 Mar 2018

Moved to Windows Help from Tech Helproom.

Forum Editor 09:41 09 Mar 2018

What comes after that part of the message - does it say 'access denied' or 'a network change was detected' or something else?

MJS WARLORD 15:30 09 Mar 2018

It says network changed , look at what i type into command prompt , i know how to fix it but i want to know if their is a way to stop it happening because my wife dont trust herself to do command lines just in case she messes things up , typical woman lol , but at least she can use the edge till i come home

Forum Editor 12:15 10 Mar 2018

Open the command prompt as administrator and type: netsh int ip set dns

Press enter

Then type: netsh winsock reset

and press enter. Close the command prompt and see if that has fixed the problem.

MJS WARLORD 12:42 10 Mar 2018

in windows / system settings in ccleaner I have put a tick in dns box.

Thanks FE for the extra info I wont know if what you added will work until the next time the error comes up , when it does I will try it.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Moto G6 Play Review: First Look

The best smart speaker: Apple HomePod vs Google Home vs Amazon Echo

Augmentation du tabac : les meilleures applications pour arrĂȘter de fumer