ERR PROXY CONNECTION FAILED Problem

4x4monster 18:01 08 Jun 2017
Answered

Been having a problem with my connection on my laptop for a while now, when I am browsing using my default browser (chrome) I get the ERRPROXYCONNECTION_FAILED message and my internet stops working, normally restarting my laptop fixes it but it won't this time. I had this same issue a few months ago and I ended up reinstalling windows onto a fresh hard drive that I installed into my laptop. This fixed the issue for about a month until it has just happened again now.

Running windows 10 pro.

Any ideas?

Secret-Squirrel 15:34 10 Jun 2017

I'll have one last try at this because I don't want to waste your time:

Navigate to HKEY-CURRENT-USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Control Panel and post another screenshot if it exists. don't forget to check LOCAL-MACHINE too.

4x4monster 16:10 10 Jun 2017
Answer

Hi, I've got it, it was in HKEY-LOCAL-MACHINE\Software\Polices\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Control Panel Then I changed the connections settings value from 1 to 0.

I can now access the LAN Settings.

Thanks for all your Help.

Secret-Squirrel 19:08 10 Jun 2017

Thanks for the feedback - that's great news.

I can now access the LAN Settings.

Apologies if you think I'm stating the obvious but you need to make sure that no proxy server is enabled. In fact, nothing under LAN Settings needs to be enabled on a home computer. Keep an eye on it too and make sure the proxy doesn't become re-enabled.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Apple unveils first ‘pro’ iPhone 11 Pro and 11 Pro Max

InDesign at 20: how Adobe beat Quark to become the graphic design tool of choice

iPhone 11 Pro confirmed: Release date, price & specs

Les meilleures montres connectées (2019)