email hacked cannot access hotmail

montemolar 12:56 16 Nov 2018

Yesterday I got one of those scam emails to my hotmail account where they said they had my password ( a very old one no longer in use ) saying they had proof of me visiting adult sites and wanted britcoin in 48 hours...i just deleted it.

Today I can get into one of my other hotmail accounts but not this one ( although I can on my phone ) all I get is Error 401: Unauthorized: Access is denied due to invalid credentials

Now a google search shows hotmail may have issues at the moment but why am I able to get into my other account but not this one ? Have I been hacked or locked out ?

WINDOWS 10

lotvic 16:50 16 Nov 2018

You can't have been locked out if you can still get into the email account on your phone.

I notice on office 365 service status via click here there are some email problems.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Google Pixel Slate review

Brian Cox-branded beer brings Big Bang beauty to bottles

New Apple Products 2019: Predicting the new Apple products coming soon

Comment jouer à des jeux de PS2 et PS3 sur PS4 ?