Dwngrded 4rm Win 10 pro to 7 pro via usb ISO file.

Kenyville 18:20 15 Jun 2018

Hi, i have recently downloaded my laptop from windows 10 pro x86(Legacy bios) to windows 7 pro using an ISO file via usb drive as windows 10 was lagging. After the installation, my usb ports stopped working, i cant access internet and i cant even access the cursor to move around.All i could do was use the "Tab" key and the arrows key to go in settings for check for all these error.i tried to configure the mouse and the usb port in the device manager function but it says it is not supported. I have tried every other method to confiqure the mouse and usb drivers but all in vain.. i cant even access internet as even the connectivity drivers are not available.. Just recently i tried to log in to my laptop but as i booted my windows, i cant type in the password field and now i cant even access the other options on the log in screen. What should i do? Do i try to do a new installation again? Or how do i do it by going into bios if my usb port doesnt work.(No disc availability in LAptop). I CANT GO BACK TO WINDOWS 10 AS THERE IS NO BACKUP ISO IMAGE IN THE LAPTOP.BUT THERE IS NO CHANGES IN THE LEGACY BIOS. My concern is , IS THERE A WAY TO CLEAN INSTALL FROM THE BIOS DIRECTLY EVEN IF MY USB PORTS DONT WORK?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:40 15 Jun 2018

Try booting from your ISo USb you'll soon know if its a USB problem or a windows problem, personally I would try and start from fresh.

rdave13 00:25 16 Jun 2018

Unfortunately if the laptop came with 10 then you will still have secure boot enabled unless turned off even in legacy mode. Have you checked? Worse case scenario there are no drivers for your machine for Windows 7. Your Hard drive will be GPT although not a major issue.

I would buy an SSD, use another PC to convert to GPT, reinstate UEFI, do a fresh install of Windows 10 and see it fly. Why have legacy mode for windows 10?

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Microsoft Surface Book 2 15in review

How to create explosive dance music graphics

When is the best time to buy an iPhone?

Quel antivirus gratuit choisir pour un PC ?