Document recovery for files

fire 14:56 15 Jul 2018

I changed a document in excel and for one reason or another it hasn’t saved although I did print it out at the time. I have no file now to recover and have lost the hard copy , is there away to recover what was printed from the canon printer?

wee eddie 15:09 15 Jul 2018

And you have no back-up!

wee eddie 15:14 15 Jul 2018

Possibly, it depends on the type of memory that your printer has, but I doubt it.

Years ago there was a scandal, when it turned out that many Photo Copier/Scanners kept images of their Scans in their internal memory, so I doubt it

fire 15:17 15 Jul 2018

No backup unfortunately.....do the files that are printed get kept on pc?

rdave13 15:36 15 Jul 2018

Not sure if it will help but can you scan the document to PC. It will be as a PDF or jpeg format only. click here.

fire 16:11 15 Jul 2018

I don’t have the document at all

wee eddie 16:23 15 Jul 2018

What Printer is it and, has it been turned off since the "foul deed" was done?

fire 16:40 15 Jul 2018

It’s a canon printer...it has been off but not unplugged....it powers itself down

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:46 15 Jul 2018

try this in Excel 1. Go to the file tab and click on ‘Open’ 2. click on the Recent Workbooks option on the top left 3. scroll to the bottom and click on ‘Recover Unsaved Workbooks’ button 4. Scroll through the list and search for the file you lost. 5. Double-click on it to open it 6. The document will open in Excel, all you have to do is hit the Save As button

fire 16:54 15 Jul 2018

I’m using excel 2007, I have a workbookthat was being updated but it doesn’t have the update info on it

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Google Home Hub review

Print legends Dan Mumford and Supermundane on making the leap from 2D to AR

How to watch Apple’s October 2018 iPad launch

OnePlus 6T : date de sortie, prix et autres rumeurs