Disk space often "randomly" goes to 100%

James Fischer 18:00 07 May 2017

hello!

so i was wondering if anyone could help me out here, the disk (under task manager) would often go up to 100% with little-no programs running. i did a virus scan last night any nothing came up so i dont THINK its anything virus related. also, its definitely not a "lack of power" from my computer i have a pretty good one.. also im running windows 10 :).. let me know if anyone can help me out! Thanks!

Govan1x 19:55 07 May 2017

It will either be Windows update or maybe Malwarebytes if you have it.

If it is not the CPU it is the disk running at 100%. That's W10 for you but must admit since the last big update it has not been to bad.

Mind you I have Windows Updates disabled at the moment so maybe that's why it is not so bad.

Secret-Squirrel 10:34 08 May 2017

Disk space often "randomly" goes to 100%

Task Manager doesn't show how much disk space has been used. If you mean disk activity then it's completely normal for it to be at 100% for short periods even if nothing appears to be running.

If your PC's performance seems fine then don't worry about it. If however you want to see what's causing the disk activity then use Resource Monitor instead - there's a link to it in Task Manager's "Performance" section.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Google Home Hub review

50 Cent is Iron Man in these comic book cover reissues of hip hop classics

How to watch Apple’s October 2018 iPad launch

Mac : comment forcer la fermeture d’une application ?