Disk controller problem, windows doesn't start,

Pramodh Gandhinathan 02:46 26 Sep 2018

I have a HP probook 450 with Windows 7 ultimate,recently I updated all of its drivers using a 3rd party software,The following day when I turned it on,my laptop just froze up in the "starting windows" thing,and then it shows up a blue screen with message saying that the problem was the hard disk controller then my laptop restarts automatically and goes to the menu where it shows start windows normally and launch startup repair.The status repair did not solve the problem so I did some digging and used the command prompt from the system repair tools to solve it, when I restarted the lap it shows safe mode bla bla bla and then start windows normally,selecting start windows normally I found that the problem still persists, restarting again and by pressing F8 key shows the menu with every option except system repair. How can I solve this?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:40 26 Sep 2018

Boot from a windows 7 DVD and do the repairs from that

if you do not have one then you can down load and make one from MS here

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei Mate 20 Pro review: In-depth hands-on

34 tips for turning your art and graphics into amazing animated GIFs

iPhone XR release date, price & specs

OnePlus 6T : date de sortie, prix et autres rumeurs