different connections for different progs

Daniel Marschmann 01:24 16 Aug 2018

Hello,

I have a simple question but a hard answer i think. I have 5 internet connections on my pc. I want to set progs use desired connections. They are all the same progs but i run these multiple times and need different connections for them. They all have different .exe's is it possible ?? Y i can use VM's but its easiert to run them on the same pc.

Anyone have an idea?

Buying a tool isnt a prob.

Thx

wee eddie 02:20 16 Aug 2018

Surely you have a single ISP & connection to the internet. Your PC will have a Mac number and regardless of your connection will be identified by that.

Of course, you could subscribe to a number of Consumers but that could be costly

wee eddie 02:23 16 Aug 2018

God bless predictive text. Consumers should read VPNs.

wee eddie 03:31 16 Aug 2018

By the way, if, by doing this, you hope to be able to appear as different people, your problem is entirely different.

Back in the days of Dial-up Modems, I had both a Desktop and a Laptop. I was a regular contributor to a Chat Room and decided that it would be fun to be there in 2 different personas. I created 2 characters, Myself and an alter-ego, who had his own life history and lived on the laptop. We disagreed regularly, it was fun being 2 different people in a conversation with 10 to 20 others.

One day I got a PM from the Board's Moderator, bowling me out. When I asked how he had sussed me, he said that it is rare for 2 people to have such similar writing styles. I assume that the same would hold for gaming as well.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei Mate 20 Pro review: In-depth hands-on

Adobe's groundbreaking prototypes of new features and apps for Creative Cloud

iPhone XR release date, price & specs

Quel est le meilleur Fitbit pour votre enfant ?