Desktop icons gone. Windows issues

Gibbsracer 15:18 24 Mar 2018

All of my icons are gone from desktop. From the start menu I can open programs, but they only open minimized in the taskbar. I’ve tried to maximize but nothing happens. Rebooting doesn’t work. Tried it multiple times. I’ve clicked ”show desktop icons” several times and nothing.

rdave13 16:14 24 Mar 2018

If you right click the start button bottom left can you open Windows PowerShell (admin) or it might be CMD (admin), then copy and paste DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth and press enter. It might seem to be doing nothing for a while so be a bit patient. Once it has run type exit then reboot. This is for Windows 10.

Ethanr007 12:22 03 May 2018

Hi, Try with this procedure. This may help you to get your problem solve -Open Settings PC. -Click on Personalization. -Click on Themes. -Click the Desktop icons settings link. -Check each icon you want to see on the desktop, including Computer (This PC), User's Files, Network, Recycle Bin, and Control Panel. Click Apply. Click OK.

Thanks and Regards

(Edited by Forum Editor to remove commercial plug - 13:27 03/05/2018)

DeborahMullins 10:03 04 May 2018

Hi,I think the some issue is happen. Follow the this steps to find the problems. Click button on in your desk top, View; take a look at display computing device icons. It should assist. If it does not, kind gpedit.msc in the begin menu and hit input. Now in desktop, inside the proper pane, open homes of disguise and disable all gadgets at the desktop I share some steps here. You can follow this procedure definitely you can get desktop icons. In desktop click right click button from the mouse. And click the desktop possibility after select customize desktop properties from the menu bar. Click the general tab choose icons as you want on desk top. After click the okay key.

Visit my blog best academic essays.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Amazon Prime Day 2018: Best Deals & Launches

The humble pint glass is redesigned from bottoms up by design legend Sir Kenneth Grange

The best Amazon Prime Day Apple deals 2018

Quel est le meilleur antivirus pour Windows ?