Dell Inspirpn refurbished laptop win7 O/S dead

SparkyJack 15:03 12 Sep 2015

THis machine purchased from a well known supplier of discntinued and refurbished kit10 months ag. The Win7 O/S has shut down with 'Not Genuine. Tag. Contacted supplier who aDVISED us to Microsofrt ,quoting the help phone number. This led to a multimenue sie with autppomated responses, non of which seemed to suit the problem. Meanwhile with the machine lefet on withe busy going various window came up stating for example Registration out of time. and showing error OX8000101005. Ithink it is the vendors problem in selling machine with dud Windows. but so fat they are going no further. Any ideas please. of c discontinued and 2nd user

Govan1x 16:34 12 Sep 2015

I take it you have right clicked My Computer and clicked on properties. The page that opens should tell you if W/7 is activated or not.

Govan1x 16:38 12 Sep 2015

Error code shows nothing on google. maybe give malwarebytes a run in case you have a Virus.

Govan1x 16:41 12 Sep 2015

No Results Found For: OX8000101005 and that's from Microsoft.

lotvic 18:46 12 Sep 2015

Is the sticker COA on the base (or sometimes under the battery) for a Dell W7?

Is the clock time correct, this can sometimes cause OS to become 'not genuine' click here

Jollyjohn 19:52 12 Sep 2015

In my experience W7 will continue to run as normal even when tagged as "Not genuine". What happens is you get a black desktop background and the annoying messages about "W7 not being genuine" but it does still work.

Do try the steps suggested and report back.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Officially Launches In The UK

Moving Brands on 20 years of bringing life to brands - and keeping their brand socially responsible

MacBook Air 2018 review

Les meilleurs écouteurs et casques Bluetooth (2018)