Dell all in one wont boot three loud beeps

Hetti 12:35 15 Oct 2018

Dell all in one desktop with touch screen, PC been turned off for a few months as I had a new one (was working fine when I last used it)

Tried to boot up and got three loud beeps at intervals but that's it nothing else at all.

Just tried it again before posting this, but PC made no sounds all this time, I have to go out soon so I may not get back here till tonight.

PC is 5 years old so need to decide if it worth fixing.

wee eddie 15:08 15 Oct 2018

Visit the Dell website and check their "beep" Codes. That should give you an idea as to what has happened

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:39 15 Oct 2018
  Hetti 20:05 15 Oct 2018

Fruit Bat/ Wee Eddie

Thanks for your replies, I was out all afternoon came back at 5 o clock tried PC again and it booted fine has worked no problem since then....

Will look at the "Beep Codes" on Dell just incase , but hopefully what ever was the problem has somehow rectified itself

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Officially Launches In The UK

Game of Thrones' Emilia Clarke spoofs all your favourite stock photo clichés

MacBook Air 2018 review

Comment supprimer un compte Facebook ?