Delete folder in root drive

wescliff 11:22 31 Oct 2018

Two month old laptop has a folder in the root drive named inetpub. I thinks its something to do with IIS, which is not installed, so I do not understand why it is there. I do not host any web sites or domains, so can I delete it. Have never seen it before and just trying to keep things tidy. Many thanks

rdave13 12:05 31 Oct 2018

Just check if it's turned off in 'Windows features'.

wescliff 12:14 31 Oct 2018

IIS is not ticked therefore I assume not installed . That's what made me think the folder should not have appeared.

wee eddie 15:15 31 Oct 2018

I would be very wary of deleting it as it might contain files used by other software.

The way around this is to rename it and, if nothing goes wrong for a couple of months, you can then delete it.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Red Dead Online release date and gameplay news

Create a glowing superhero

Mac mini 2018 review

Les meilleures prises CPL