Delete admin account in Win 10

martd7 18:16 09 Mar 2019
Answered

As I am selling off my old pc with Win 10 on I've wiped everything and followed instructions on how to add a local account,then through settings/accounts remove the admin account but the admin account doesn't show up,another method going through control panel user accounts,shows both accounts,click on admin account and only options are change account type or manage another account,the delete option it shows on Microsoft site isn't there

Help much appreciated

martd7 22:29 09 Mar 2019

I don't quite understand,when Windows 10 is installed you're asked to make up a Microsoft account there is no way that I know of skipping past it thus when selling the pc on I would rather not have my details on the pc,I've read several online tutorials and they all point to the same solution of making up a local account then you can delete the admin account

I wiped the drive completely and reinstalled Windows 10 with the disc I have

What other option is there? It will not install without email address and password?

martd7 22:32 09 Mar 2019

See here

click here

martd7 12:45 10 Mar 2019

Kevin

Much appreciated that has indeed worked,I thought it had got stuck at the black screen with cursor (as in video) but after 15 mins the desktop appeared

Thanks again

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Mi A3 Review: Hands-on

Wacom Cintiq 22: a bigger budget pen display arrives from Wacom

The best Mac antivirus of 2019

Quel est le meilleur Mac pour un ├ętudiant ?