Copying from exFAT to NTFS doesn't work

Harrison Hawkes 08:49 22 Aug 2018

Is there a way to copy extremely large video files (over 100 GB / file) from an external hard drive using exFAT to an internal hard drive that uses NTFS?

When I try to copy and paste, my computer (with Windows 10) starts copying them but then stops with a message \”Could not find this item This is no longer located in \PATHTOEXTERNALHARDDRIVE. Verify the items location then try again.\”

Jollyjohn 12:57 23 Aug 2018

Are you sure the video files exist on the exFat drive? Can you open them? There is a 4GB file size limit on exFat drives.

Guest 1234512760 02:39 04 Sep 2018

Is there a possibility that your computer cannot recognize the exFAT file system for some reason,then causes the copying&pasting failure? Did you try to copy them to the NTFS drive one by one? Or you can directly copy partition in Windows.

lotvic 11:58 04 Sep 2018

JJ, 4GB file size limit is on Fat32 not exFat

Jollyjohn 12:14 04 Sep 2018

Yes, that has been pointed out to me in a previous reply that appears to have been removed?? I am still suspicious of the file size - over 100GB - thats pretty big considering an average film fits on a 4.7GB DVD??

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei Mate 20 Pro review: In-depth hands-on

Adobe unveils dream prototypes of new features and apps for Creative Cloud

iPhone XR release date, price & specs

Comment utiliser la fonction SI sur Excel ?