Connecting pc to external monitor...Help!!

Amith 21:04 20 Jul 2018

So I recently broke my PC’s display. The model is HP ProOne 400 G1 all in one business PC. I don’t have the money to have the display replaced but what I do have is an external monitor. It is an all in one pc so if I connect it nothing would happen as there is a display and it’s not a normal desktop pc. I read somewhere that there is a function key (fn key) to switch the display. But the Fn key to change the display is only in laptops. Anyone have any ideas about what I could do? If there is an Fn key to change display in my pc model please tell me. Any help would be appreciated...

Liam Wardle 16:07 22 Jul 2018

Hi, chances are the computer is still thinking that you are using your laptop screen as the main monitor. If you allow windows to boot up you can click the space bar to go onto password screen. After that, you can press the windows key and "p" this would bring up the project screen. I know you cannot see what is going on but by keeping hold of the windows button and pressing the p key then letting go of the windows button again it should start cycling through the different display options. If you keep repeating that whilst leaving a few seconds between each press it should eventually go to the second screen only. This will make your monitor the only display your computer will use. Hope this helped! Liam

bremner 16:26 22 Jul 2018

It would be sensible to close this thread as it only causes confusion and the other one has many more responses.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei Mate 20 Pro review: In-depth hands-on

See concept art from groundbreaking video games including The Last of Us, Journey and No Man's Sky

iPhone XR release date, price & specs

Les meilleurs VPN pour Kodi (2018)