Connecting old USB Slide Scanner

Ste Worrall 22:13 29 Mar 2017

Im trying to connect a perfectly working but old slide scanner to my Windows 10 (64 bit) PC. Unfortunately I no longer have the old drivers. Can anyone recommend a website I could try to find these drivers on, or any other way to get this to work on my PC......The Slide Scanner is a PF1800 PL model.

wee eddie 00:01 30 Mar 2017

You'll need to tell us who made it, and a few more details like age and serial number

mole44 08:09 30 Mar 2017

To be perfectly honest we all have this problem including me easiest and probably the best way is to purchase a newer on.

Secret-Squirrel 08:39 30 Mar 2017

Ste, the newest driver on the manufacturer's website is for Windows 7 32-bit so it looks like you'll never get it to work with Windows 10 :(

BT 08:42 30 Mar 2017

I've got one of those. Its a Prime Film 1800u. It was sold by Jessops when I bought mine and was quite good in its day. I used mine originally with Win98/Me but can't get it to work now with WinXP even. I downloaded some software as I too can't find the original CD, but it still won't work. Its a pity as its a well made machine.

As mole44 says looks like a new one is called for. Quite an affordable one at Coopers and its 5mp, much better than the old one.

Secret-Squirrel 09:34 30 Mar 2017

Its a Prime Film 1800u.......................but can't get it to work now with WinXP even.

32-bit drivers for XP, Vista and Windows 7 are available from the manufacturer's website.

Jollyjohn 11:14 30 Mar 2017

Try Vuescan - click here - I have used it to get an old Epson scanner working on W10.

BT 12:17 30 Mar 2017

Thanks for that. I'm sure I've loaded the drivers from there before but couldn't make them work. But Hey! - they now work on my WinXP desktop.

From what I remember the Software looks very different to the original but it scans @ up to 1800dpi and gives a good sharp scan.

BT 12:37 30 Mar 2017

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy S9 review

Explore Milton Glaser's iconic poster designs from the 1960s to present, including Bob Dylan, I…

What to expect at Apple's 27 March education event

Idées cadeaux pour geeks et tech addicts