combining mobile internet with ADSL

PhillyG76 06:11 16 Mar 2019

Hi, I have an IPhone 7 on EE and sometimes when using my windows 10 pc, my ADSL broadband becomes unbearably slow so I resort to to using my IPhone 4G connection connected with the lightning cable to a USB port. But this still seems to peak at 30MBPS, so I was wondering if you can combine the ADSL (I get between 14-19MBPS (we get a few power cuts to the router due to poor wiring to the sockets, which I hope to get fixed soon) with my mobile 4G connection so I can go from around 30MBPS, upto s potential 48MBPS (I’m hoping EE bring back 4G+ as I did used to get between 80-95MBPS for a few months)? I tried bridging my Ethernet connection with the “Apple mobile device” connection and although it says they’re birthed bridged and opens up a new ‘Bridged connection’ it seems to disconnect the Apple mobile connection from the Internet and troubleshooting the problem it usually comes up with “Failed to obtain a valid IP address” (something like that).

My instincts are telling me that this won’t be possible, with the only reason being Apple like to be awkward. But I was looking through the BIOS settings to see if there was anything there, and saw an option to enable “Network stacking” and not knowing what this is tried it but made no difference. If anyone does know if this is possible, well, I will be amazed! So thanks in advance people.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei MateBook X Pro (2019) review

Magical mystery tour - Artist colourfully customises bus to promote positive mental health

Apple Streaming Service Release Date & Apple TV Subscription Rumours

Quel est le meilleur iPad ?