Changing File Type Views in Explorer

[email protected] 20:03 20 Feb 2019

I have many, many photo and video files separated into many subfolders. I'd like to change all of certain types of files to a different view: all video files to extra large icons, for instance. The trouble is, I don't want to change the icon for the subfolders they're contained in themselves to extra large icons. (I know, it's really nitpicky and particular.)

Is there any way to do a mass change to the view option for all of a certain file type without having to go in and change the view option on hundreds of subfolders individually? (I use Windows 10 Home.) Thanks!

KEITH 1955 20:58 20 Feb 2019

Open all your folders are and right click in an empty space and choose extra large icons then open each individual folder and right click again and choose open ….. the size you want , unless somebody knows any different I don't think their is any other way.

[email protected] 00:02 21 Feb 2019

Yeah, this is exactly the thing I'm trying to avoid—having to open and make the change in literally hundreds of folders. I know how to do it that way, but I'm hoping some clever techie knows better.

lotvic 16:36 21 Feb 2019

This may be what you are looking for:

Customise folder view settings. File Explorer’s five built-in folder templates and Views, (howtogeek.com) click here

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei MateBook X Pro (2019) review

Magical mystery tour - Artist colourfully customises bus to promote positive mental health

Apple Streaming Service Release Date & Apple TV Subscription Rumours

Quel est le meilleur iPad ?