CDDVDrom drive on laptop not working

KimJohnston 15:45 10 Sep 2015
Answered

Windows 10 updated two days ago and since then I haven't been able to read a dvd. The drive is visible in device manager and Internet Explorer, it just doesn't work anymore. My laptop is only a few weeks old, it is a Lenovo touchscreen so I definitely don't think there's anything wrong with the drive, it was fine until Windows updated. I have tried all the fixes that have been suggested on the Microsoft Forums but nothing works. Please help.

xania 10:48 11 Sep 2015

Your safest bet would be to reset the laptop to factory settings and get Windows 7 working and then test the DVD drive. If the problem persists, take the laptop back and get the drive replaced. If the problem goes away, its down to the upgrade, so run it again on your clean W7 installation.

mole1944 13:00 11 Sep 2015

Good advice from xania,have you tried uninstalling the DVD drivers via device manager,then restart your machine it may just be a corrupt driver and this should reinstall it.

KimJohnston 10:34 18 Sep 2015

Thanks for replying. I did uninstall the device drivers and I tried every fix I could find but I had no luck so I have now returned the laptop for repair or replacement. Many thanks again for your help.

KimJohnston 10:36 18 Sep 2015

Thanks for replying. I did a complete factory reset and uninstalled the device drivers and I tried every fix I could find but I had no luck so I have now returned the laptop for repair or replacement. Many thanks again for your help.

xania 13:20 21 Sep 2015

Please tick as resolved

KimJohnston 14:04 21 Sep 2015
Answer

How do I do that Xania?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Amazon slashes Echo Dot price to just £24.99 to kick off Black Friday

The 51 Best Free Typefaces Every Designer Should Have

Mac mini 2018 review

Les meilleurs écouteurs et casques audio (2018)