Can't Secure Erase my Samsung 850 Pro. Need Help!

Komirai 19:20 18 May 2018

I can't secure erase my SSD at all anymore. Before, no problem but this time I can't do it because whenever I use my software from Samsung, I use the Bootable USB, then go through all the way to erase section for it to say in the end that it isn't supported. So, I thought I would try what worked last time, which was from my Motherboard ROG 5 Extreme Rampage, but now that is saying NOT SUPPORTED. So, after much consideration, decided to use Parted Magic, but again the same thing. Surely my SSD should be at least supported on ONE of them.

After much research it came up saying it could be the fact that I have Encrypted Data Enabled (which I never did), but I have no idea how to turn this off. This is the screen for the Data Encryption:

I'm lost in what to do so I'm asking around. So far I've been told to use DBAN on my SSD for like a minute or so, but according to a lot of places that's very bad for an SSD as it can ruin it.

Komirai 19:21 18 May 2018

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

How to watch the World Cup for free on TV and online

Best of the Grad Shows 2018: Middlesex University art, illustration and graphic design

Best Mac tips, tricks and timesavers

Comment identifier le modèle de son iPad ?