Can't download latest Windows 7 update

macsteve 20:34 12 Nov 2017

For the last month I can't download the latest Windows 7 update on my laptop. It will download and at the end it reads that it can't complete download. Then it reinstalls the update.

I get error code C1900101-20017

Hope someone can help me.

Tried to download Windows 10 last year when it was free but download always failed at the final moment.

Govan1x 10:14 15 Nov 2017

What is the update number for the latest Windows 7 update. Is it just one update or is it bundled with others.

macsteve 21:27 15 Nov 2017

KB4041681 update is the one that keeps failing.

Govan1x 23:13 15 Nov 2017

Seem to be problems with it. Maybe best turning it off for a month then try again.

Try downloading the update manually and when it shows double click it and a box should show underneath it. It should say do not show this update again, So click on that to confirm that you do not want to use it.

That long since I used W7 so lets hope you know how to get it to stop running.

alanrwood 09:34 16 Nov 2017

alice198579 is a spammer FE advised

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

8 brilliant character artists speaking at Pictoplasma 2018

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?