can't change windows acc from standard to admin

Eliza Kubulina 13:18 14 Apr 2017

Hello, I accidentally changed my account type from administrator to standard and now it doesn't let me to change it back. There shows up User account control with a question Do you want allow this app to make changes to your devices? and only one answer option No. Any suggestions how to change back? I have Windows 10.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:35 14 Apr 2017

click here

enable the hidden admin account and use that to change your accound back to an administrator account.

Burn-it 16:32 14 Apr 2017

Or boot into safe mode which uses that account.

Eliza Kubulina 15:23 10 May 2017

Sorry about answering late but I am not able to do that. If I want to run command prompt, it (user account control) asks me to log in with my admin username and password, but there's no place where I can write that! It offers me one option to click - no. The same pops out when i want to troubleshoot sound problems and etc.

rdave13 16:01 10 May 2017

Have a look here.

Eliza Kubulina 16:14 10 May 2017

by that i can't make any changes - enable hidden account, boot safe mode etc. - because i have to be an administrator. what an irony - i have to be an administrator to change my profile from user to administrator!! :@

1]: [click here

Eliza Kubulina 16:17 10 May 2017

oh i lost text for my previous comment - i want to add that you can scroll down in that website to see screenshot of what always pops out, only there is no option yes.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Google Home Hub review

This graphic novel uses AR to blur the lines between cartoon, comic and video game

How to watch Apple's October 2018 iPad launch

Comment d├ęsinstaller des applications sur un Mac ?